Quipsound Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice applies between you, the User of this Website and Quipsound Limited, the owner and provider of this Website. Quipsound Limited understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used and shared online. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits this website, www.quipsound.com (“Our Site”), as well as that of our clients, suppliers and business partners. We will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a manner that is consistent with Our obligations and your rights under the law.
Please read this Privacy Notice carefully and ensure that you understand it. Your acceptance of Our Privacy Notice is deemed to occur upon your first use of Our Site.
Definitions and Interpretations
|Personal Data||means any and all data that relates to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified from that data. In this case, it means personal data that you give to Us via Our Site. This definition shall, where applicable, incorporate the definitions provided in the EU Regulation 2016/679 – the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”); and|
|Quipsound Limited, or us||Quipsound Limited, a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 1662374 whose registered office is at The Crown Building, London Road, Westerham, Kent, TN16 1UT;|
|User or you||any third party that
(i) accesses the Website or services offered by Quipsound Limited and is not employed by Quipsound Limited and acting in the course of their employment or
(ii) is engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Quipsound Limited
(iii) is a client of Quipsound Limited / employed by a client of Quipsound Limited
|Website||the website that you are currently using, www.quipsound.com, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.|
Scope of this Privacy Notice
This privacy notice applies only to the actions of Quipsound Limited. It does not extend to any websites that can be accessed from this Website including, but not limited to, any links we may provide to social media websites.
How we use the information we collect:
For purposes of the GDPR, Quipsound Limited is the “data controller” of all client information processed to maintain our commercial relationships, all Quipsound Limited employee information and all personal data relating to business partners and suppliers. Quipsound Limited is the “data processor” of all personal data processed under contracts with our clients for VAT reclamation. This Privacy Notice refers to personal data for which we are the “data controller”.
What legal basis we have for collecting and using your personal data
Where relevant under applicable laws, the use of your personal data will be justified by at least one condition for processing. In the majority of cases this condition will be that:
- You have provided your consent to us using the personal data in that way, for example where you provide us with consent to send you marketing communication about our products and services;
- Our use of your personal data is in our legitimate business interest as a commercial organisation, provided it is conducted at all times in a way that is proportionate, and that respects your privacy rights;
- Our use of your personal data is necessary to perform a contract or take steps to enter into a contract with you (e.g. to manage your account); and/or
- Our use of your personal data is necessary to comply with a relevant legal or regulatory obligation that we have.
The purposes for which we use your personal data
Your personal data will not be used for any other purpose than provided by this notice. We will use the information you supply:
- To answer your specific enquiry or respond to your complaints.
- For our general business purposes, such as the administration of your account, to invite you to events, deal with your queries or for marketing or sales purposes;
- In connection with a proposed or actual sale, merger or transfer of all or a portion of the business;
- To satisfy legal or regulatory requirements;
- As otherwise described in this notice; and
- To send you relevant information on the services that we provide.
Marketing to our existing clients is carried out under the lawful basis of legitimate interest as defined in Recital 47 of GDPR
All personal data is processed and stored securely, for no longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. We will comply with Our obligations and safeguard your rights under the GDPR at all times.
Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to any third party disclosures specifically set out in this policy, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties. This includes our affiliates and / or other companies within our group.
Third party services
Quipsound Limited employs the services of third parties to help manage our business. Transfers to service providers and other third parties will always be protected by contractual commitments.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
Exercising your Rights
As a data subject, you have the following rights under the GDPR, which this Policy and Our use of personal data have been designed to uphold:
- The right to be informed about Our collection and use of personal data;
- The right of access to the personal data We hold about you;
- The right to rectification if any personal data We hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete;
- The right to be forgotten – i.e. the right to ask Us to delete any personal data We hold about you (We only hold your personal data for a limited time, but if you would like Us to delete it sooner, please contact Us using the details;
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data;
- The right to data portability (obtaining a copy of your personal data to re-use with another service or organisation);
- The right to object to Us using your personal data for particular purposes; and
- Rights with respect to automated decision making and profiling;
- The right to withdraw consent previously provided for marketing purposes.
If you have any queries or cause for complaint about Our use of your personal data, please contact Us using the details provided below; and We will do Our best to solve the problem for you. If We are unable to help, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK’s supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office. https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/
How Can You Access Your Data?
You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by Us (where such data is held). Under the GDPR, no fee is payable and We will provide any and all information in response to your request free of charge. Please contact Us for more details at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to Us using the contact details below.
In order for Quipsound Limited to provide services to you we may need to transfer your personal information (outside the EEA) to countries that may not provide the same level of protection of personal information that may be regarded as equivalent to that afforded under GDPR legislation. In circumstances where your personal information is transferred internationally, we will take appropriate steps to ensure its security and confidentiality in accordance with applicable data protection law.
- We will always take steps to ensure that any international transfer of information is carefully managed to protect your rights and interests:
- We will only transfer your personal data to countries which are recognised as providing an adequate level of legal protection or where we can be satisfied that alternative arrangements are in place to protect your privacy rights,
- Transfers between Quipsound Limited and its sister company ‘The Quipsound Corporation will be covered by data transfer agreements which give specific contractual protections designed to ensure that your personal data receives an adequate and consistent level of protection wherever it is transferred within Quipsound.
- Transfers to service providers and other third parties will always be protected by contractual commitments and where appropriate further assurances, such as certification schemes such as Privacy Shield.
- Any requests for information we receive from law enforcement or regulators will be carefully checked before personal data is disclosed
We will, on request, provide you with further details regarding the categories of recipient of your personal data and the countries to which it may be transferred. You have the right to ask us for more information about the safeguards we have put in place as mentioned above.
How we protect and store your information
We take the security of the information we collect seriously. We have implemented and we maintain technical and organisational security measures, policies and procedures intended to reduce the risk of accidental destruction or loss, or the unauthorised disclosure or access to such information appropriate to the nature of the data concerned. Some of the steps we take are: placing confidentiality requirements on our staff members and service providers; destroying or permanently anonymising personal data if it is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected.
If password access is required for certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
We endeavour to do our best to protect your personal Data. However, transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure and is done at your own risk.
Retention of your personal data
We will retain your personal data for as long as is reasonably necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, as explained in this notice. In some circumstances it may be retained for longer periods of time, for instance where we are required to do so in accordance with legal, regulatory, tax or accounting requirements. In particular, such requirements include:
|Context||Regulatory body||Retention period|
|VAT Recovery Claim data, as submitted by Quipsound on behalf of our Clients||The Tax Office, in the EU State, to which the refund claim has been submitted||Varies between 4 and 20 years|
|Quipsound employee data||HMRC||6 years|
After the expiration of that period, personal data will be securely deleted, as long as it is no longer necessary for the fulfilment of the contract, or in relation to any legal proceedings that may be outstanding.
Notification of changes
You may contact Quipsound Limited by email at email@example.com
Or write to us at:
Data Protection Officer
The Crown Building
Privacy Notice effective as of May 2018